"You alone are the judge of your worth, and your goal is to discover infinite worth in yourself, no matter what anyone else thinks." Unknown

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Spring!

Ahhh...the smells of spring delight me so...

recently I was walking the streets of a new neighborhood. New sights and sounds and oh the smells..the scents of the Jasmine and Lilac were overwhelming.  We could smell them everywhere we went.  The simple joy this brought me reminded me of why we endure the long winters.  The rebirth of life is ever sweeter the longer we wait for it.  This story that we witness over and over  through the seasons never gets old for me.  Perhaps as I get older my memory softens with age so I can replay this tape without it getting stale:) but I like to think no matter our age we still need the reminder that as we endure our darkest times the light eventually shines through. We trudge through days of cold and gray which feel never ending 'til eventually the burden lifts to reveal a fresh, flower filled oasis. Warm sun on our skin, bright colors to behold and the scents of spring that force us to witness the beauty in the small things.  This day the smells literally stopped us in our tracks so we could burrow our noses deep into the flowers reaching out to us and inhale the nectar of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment